Special Projects at Forward House
Our Community, Our Art
We are thrilled to announce that Forward House has received a grant through the Parksville-Qualicum Community Foundation, and the Community Fund for Canada's 150th! The grant will support Forward House's "Our Community, Our Art" project.
We have a number of talented artists at Forward House. Over this past year we have taken photos of our clients’ art work in order to create an art calendar that will highlight their skills as well as promote Forward House's programs and services in District 69.
This grant is providing the funds for the following:
1. The printing of the 2017-18 art calendar as the kick-off for our project. Now available at Forward House!
2. The purchase of cameras and accessories so that we can take clients on outings throughout District 69 to photograph our beautiful community and heritage.
3. The development of the photos, some of which will be printed and framed for display, and others to be given to our artists who will then sketch/paint/create their own reproductions.
4. A gazebo for our front lawn where we will display our clients’ arts/crafts and provide information on mental health, inviting the community to learn about our programs and services and engage with our clients. See dates posted on our home page.
5. A final 3-day showcase (times TBA) at the Quality Resort Bayside, December 3-5, 2017. Join us to view the entire art collection and to meet some of our talented artists.
This project gives us the opportunity to celebrate Canada’s 150th by promoting community inclusion and connection, featuring the beauty of this historic area, and showcasing what vulnerable individuals can do when they are provided with the appropriate supports and encouragement.
Our heartfelt thanks to the Parksville Qualicum Community Foundation, the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th, Parks West Business Products, Best Buy, and the Quality Resort Bayside for their generous support. Stay tuned for project updates!